How to Enable AutoNumbering
How do I revert a category or a wiki to a previous revision?
What version control options are available for wiki pages?
How do I cancel a specific revision?
Version Control Overview
Your documentation should be polished, professional, and always up-to-date. Even the best authors are open to improvements. However, changes to your documentation are not necessarily ready for immediate review and/or use. Dozuki’s Version Control feature allows you to control which changes are visible to your users.
With Version Control, changes made to a page, whether a reworded sentence or a couple of new steps, can be grouped into an unpublished new version of the document. When you are ready for these edits to become visible to all users, you can publish a new version of the document. Additionally, Version Control also allows you to archive past versions of a guide, wiki, or category page so you can revisit and restore previous editions of your documents. This makes it easy to carefully track your content's history.
All How-To Guides
Creating a New Version
Once changes on a guide, wiki, or category page are ready for live viewing by all users, you must publish the new version of the page.
Viewing a Previous Version of a Page
After publishing a new version of a guide, wiki, or category page, you still have the option to view all of the older versions, if you have Admin or Author privileges. To view all of the page's versions, click on the drop-down menu containing the list of all the versions and select the version that you want to view.
Reverting to an Old Version of a Guide
Was an inaccurate edit accidentally published? Or did something that has changed get changed back again? Version Control allows you to easily revert back to displaying an older version of your guide.
Click on the History tab of the guide that you would like to revert. Click on the version of the guide that you would like to revert to and click View guide changes over time. The guide now appears in that selected version.
If you are viewing a guide in the updated New Guide View, you must click on the Options tab first. A drop-down menu will appear. Select History.
Click on the version of the guide that you want to revert to in the Browse past guide revisions list. The selected version will appear. Click View guide changes over time. The guide now appears as that selected version.
Release Version Management
You can view which pages on your site are up-to-date, have unreleased changes, or are unpublished using the Version Control Management Page.
This page can be found in the Document Control section in your Management Console:
You can view information about each version:
- Title - the title of the page
- Type - the type of page. Currently guides, wikis, and categories have version control enabled.
- Author - the author of the guide, wiki, or category
- Login - the user email login of the page author
- Guide ID - the id number of the page
- Category - the category in which the page is organized
- Release Title - the title of the most current release version
- Release Type - the release type of the most current release version (major or minor)
- Release Date - the date the most current release version was published/submitted for review and approval
- Release Status - the status of the most current release version
- Unreleased - no release version has ever been published
- Released - current, must up-to-date approved release version with no pending changes
- Pending Approval - the most current release version has been submitted for approval and publishing
- Rejected - the most recent release version was rejected
- Closed/Cancelled - the most recent release version is closed because the approval request was canceled
- Release URL - a link to the most current release version of the guide, wiki, or category page